QSI 532ws-M1 CCD Camera, Tele Vue NP127is Refractor and
Astro-Physics 1200GTO German Equatorial Mount
The QSI 532ws-M1 CCD camera is a cooled camera used for astrophotography and scientific imaging.
The photo shows the QSI 532ws-M1 camera mounted on a Tele Vue NP127is APO telescope and Astro-Physics 1200GTO German Equatorial mount.
- QSI 532ws-M1 CCD camera
- Diffraction Limited MaxIm DL camera control software
- Telescope: Tele Vue NP127is, 127mm aperture, 660mm focal length, f/5.2 focal ratio, APO Refractor
- Tele Vue TRG-1072: Standard T-Ring Adapter for 2.4"
- Three Tele Vue TLD-1000: 1.0" Length Accessory Tube for 2.4"
- Tele Vue MRS-5000: Mount Ring Set for 5" Dia. Tube
- The telescope mount is the Astro-Physics 1200GTO German Equatorial Mount (1200GTO) with GTOCP3 Control Box
- Astro-Physics DOVELM2 8.5" Dovetail for Losmandy D Series Plate
- Astro-Physics 1200RPA Precision-Adjust Rotating Pier Adapter with Azimuth Bearing
- Astro-Physics 10X48P Pier for 1200 Mount
- Astro-Physics PS15V10AC 15 VOLT - 10 AMP Load Regulated Power Supply
- Astro-Physics 10SCWT 10 lb. Counterweight
- Losmandy DUP: Universal dovetail plate for use for Tele Vue refractors
- Finder is Orion EZ Finder Deluxe Telescope Reflex Sight
- Polar alignment scope is Orion 6x30 Right Angle Correct-Image Finder
- Guide camera is Orion StarShoot AutoGuider
- Guiding telescope is made of Edmund Optics 48mm
- Lens ACH 40mm dia. X 250 mm focal length TechSpec MgF2 coated Achromatic Lens (NT32-935)
- Edmund Optics T-Mount 40mm Achromat/Thick Lens Mount (NT57-978)
- Edmund Optics T-mount 10mm extension tube (NT52-294)
- Edmund Optics T-Mount Fine Thread Focus 35-65mm Tube at 62mm (NT58-755)
- Five Baader Planetarium 40mm T-2 Extension Tubes (BA-T2-25B)
- Two Edmund Optics T-Mount 48mm Ring Mounts with 1/4-20 Tap (NT52-304)
- Manfrotto 394: Bogen-Manfrotto RC4 Low Profile Rectangular Rapid Connect Adapter 3270/394
- JMI Telescopes TPWUAP: Wheeley Bars for Astro-Physics Pier Mounts with TPWLWUPG 5" Wheel Upgrade
- Kendrick Astro Instruments Dew remover system
- HP Pavilion dv9740uslaptop running Vista with four USB ports (QSI 532ws-M1 and Orion StarShoot AutoGuider)
QSI 532ws-M1 CCD Camera Specifications
The QSI 532ws-M1 CCD Camera uses a Kodak KAF-3200ME CCD sensor that is optmize for scientific measurements with its linear response.
The camera has very high quantum efficiency
(PDF) using Kodak
Enhanced Spectral Response and Microlens technology.
- Kodak KAF-3200ME (PDF data sheet) Full Frame CCD sensor
- CCD sensor size 14.85mm x 10.26mm
- 6.8µm × 6.8µm pixel size
- 2184 x 1472 active pixel array (3,214,848 total pixels)
- 16-bit A/D conversion
- Thermoelectric cooling
- USB 2 interface to computer
- QSI Manual and documentation web page
The Field of view is 77.2 x 50.4 arcmin at image scale of 2.12 arcsec/pix.
David Haworth QSI 532ws-M1 Images
Notes and Measurements
- 10SCWT is 9.45 inches from the end of the shaft
- Astro-Physics DOVELM2 is mounted in the high position
- The balance point for the Losmandy DUP plus everything else mounted on it is 6 7/8 from the back end of the Losmandy DUP
- Losmandy DUP entends 3 1/8 inches beyond the Astro-Physics DOVELM2 at the back
- Tele Vue MRS-5000 rings are 11.390 inches apart on the Losmandy DUP
- The distance between the QSI 532ws-M1 CCD Camera body (not including the T-mounting on the QSI) and the Tele Vue NP127is body ranges 132.9mm to 132.5mm
JMI Telescopes Wheeley Bars for Astro-Physics Pier Mounts makes it very easy to move the telescope out of the garage and on to the driveway.