Messier M31, M32 and M110 Galaxies
Objects in image
- Messier M31 Galaxy in center
- Messier M32 Galaxy left of center
- Messier M110 Galaxy right bottom from center
- Field of view: 115.7 arcminutes wide x 86.8 arcminutes high at 4.34 arcsec/pix
- Image reduced from 1600x1200 to 1196x896 for website
- North is approximately right edge, west is approximately bottom edge
- Exposure: 35 images x 480 seconds per image (280 minutes total, 4:40 hours)
- CCD-TEMP: -25°C
- Astronomik Type IIc Luminance filter
- OBS-Location: Oregon Star Party (OSP), OR USA
- DATE-Local = August 27, 2008
- TIME-Local of first image = 10:50 PM
- TIME-Local of last image = 3:28 AM
The following test pattern is to help you adjust your monitor to best view the CCD astro images.
The test pattern is used for adjusting monitor brightness, and contrast.
Adjust monitor brightness and contrast to see all 16 gray scale levels.
The most important adjustment when viewing astro images is to see the differences in all of the black bands.
© 1998-2008 David Haworth