Astrophotography Web Resources
There are many astrophotography resources on the Web and few of them are listed below.
- Astrophotography by Wikipedia
- How is astrophotography different than conventional photography?
- List several unique problems with astrophotography?
- How do astrophotography CCD cameras reduce thermal noise?
- What is the purpose of computer post-processing in astrophotography?
- Digital camera astrophotography by Wikipedia
- What type of astrophotography are D-SLRs cameras best at?
- What type of astrophotography are D-SLRs cameras poor at?
- What causes long star streaks in an image?
- Descibe the three ways to mount a D-SLR cameras to a clock-driven equatorial mount?
- What is the photo method called for using a digital camera with an eyepiece?
- Images taken by DSLR camera or digital camera with tripod
- Barn door tracker by Wikipedia
- Image taken by DSLR camera on a barn-door mount
- Digiscoping or Afocal Projection by Wikipedia
- Aperture by Wikipedia
- Which is better for astrophotography f/4 or f/5.6 lens?
- What is the difference in exposure time between using a f/4 lens and using a f/5.6 lens to obtain the same image exposure?
- Which will produce the sharper image f/1.4 or f/2.8?
- Which is a fast lens f/1.4 or f/10?
- F-number by Wikipedia
- What is the focal ratio of a refractor with 80 mm aperture diameter and 400 focal length?
- Focal length by Wikipedia
- The angle of view (field of view, FOV) depends on the focal length and what other specification?
- How does the focal length relate to your astro image?
- Which focal length is eaiser for long exposure astrophotography: 350 mm or 2000 mm?
- Film speed by Wikipedia (see the Digital camera ISO speed and exposure index section)
- How does the ISO relate to your astro image?
- Which is better for long exposure astrophotography: ISO 200 or ISO 400
- If you have a DSL-R camera what is its ISO settings range?
- Shutter speed by Wikipedia
- What is the longest exposure time for your camera?
- Does your camera have a self timer?
- Does your camera have a remote shutter control?
- Does your camera remote shutter control provide longer exposures?
- Image sensor format by Wikipedia
- How does the image sensor relate to your astro image?
- If you have a DSL-R camera what is its image sensor size?
- Crop factor by Wikipedia
- How does the crop factor relate to your astro image?
- If you have a DSL-R camera what is its crop factor?
- Vignetting by Wikipedia
- How would your reduce vignetting in astro images?
- T-mount for DSL-R camera prime focus astrophotography with a telescope by Wikipedia
Astrophotography Work In Progress Links
© 1998-2009 David Haworth