Itty Bitty Radio Telescope
Observing the Sun at 12 GHz
Itty Bitty Radio Telescope YouTube Video
- NooElec DVB-T+DAB+FM (R820T) SDR receiver with SDR# V188.8.131.520 showing the solar radio emission.
- SDR is at 1.2 GHz center frequency and 2 MHz capture bandwidth.
- The yellow band in the bottom blue spectrogram window is the 6 dB rise in signal strength as the radio dish is moved across the Sun.
- The blue bottom spectrogram window vertical axis is time and the horizontal axis is frequency.
- The Satellite Finder and power supply is connected to the first LNB output.
- The NooElec DVB-T+DAB+FM (R820T) SDR receiver is connected to the second LNB output
- Click on the above screen for full resolution screen capture.
- The above screen capture was the first time test of the Itty Bitty Radio Telescope with the SDR.
© 1998-2014 David Haworth