NGC2237 Rosette Nebula
- Constellation: Monoceros
- NGC2237 Rosette Nebula
- Field of view: 115.7 arcminutes wide x 86.8 arcminutes high at 4.34 arcsec/pix
- Image reduced from 1600x1200 to 1200x900 for website
- North is top and west is left
- Exposure: 19 images were taken, 9 images were rejected because of clouds
- Exposure: 10 images x 480 seconds seconds per image (80 minutes total)
- CCD-TEMP: -28°C
- Astronomik Type IIc Luminance filter
- OBS-Location: Camp Hancock Star Party (John Day Fossil Beds Nat'l Monument) east of Clarno, OR USA
- DATE-Local = September 27, 2008
- TIME-Local of first image = 2:03 AM
- TIME-Local of last image = 4:30 PM
The following test pattern is to help you adjust your monitor to best view the CCD astro images.
The test pattern is used for adjusting monitor brightness, and contrast.
Adjust monitor brightness and contrast to see all 16 gray scale levels.
The most important adjustment when viewing astro images is to see the differences in all of the black bands.
© 1998-2009 David Haworth